Commitment to a Safe and Healing Environment
Our Commitment to a Safe and Healing Environment is our pledge to our patients, families, visitors and staff that everyone can expect respectful and considerate behavior at Gillette. Staff, families, caregivers, and visitors all play a vital role in healing and enhancing the well-being of all patients while receiving care at Gillette. Our goal is to continue providing and sustain a safe, professional and caring environment in which our patients and their families can thrive, and we will hold each other accountable for appropriate and safe behavior. Our commitment is below.
At Gillette Children's, it is expected that all patients, families, caregivers, visitors, employees and staff ensure a safe, professional and respectful environment.
Gillette employee and staff commitments:
We will conduct ourselves professionally in our work with the highest regard for our patients, families and visitors. We will hold ourselves and each other accountable for appropriate behavior and be part of the solution whenever possible.
Parents, families, caregivers and visitor responsibilities:
- Inpatient admission visitors must obtain a visitor badge upon entering the facility and wear the badge at all times. Immediate family members and legal guardians/decision makers of inpatients may visit 24 hours a day. Other family members and guests may visit between 9:30 am and 8:30 pm.
- Visitors under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Individuals with any of the following symptoms: fever, upper respiratory infection, dermatitis, gastrointestinal symptoms, exposure to communicable diseases must stay at home.
- Clothing is required. Clothing with obscene language is not allowed.
- Respectful and considerate behavior that does not create a risk or threat to others.
- No disruptive language (derogatory, threatening, profane, excessive volume, sexual).
- No photography and/or recordings of employees, staff, visitors or other patients without their consent.
- No possession or use of drugs and/or alcoholic beverages on Gillette property.
- Physical violence is prohibited and will result in being escorted out immediately.
- Any/all weapons are prohibited on Gillette property and will result in being escorted out immediately.
If your conduct does not promote a safe and healing environment, Gillette staff will partner with you to maintain behavior expectations. If you are unable to maintain the behavior expectations, you will be required to leave. If you have concerns that Gillette staff is not behaving in a way that promotes a safe, professional and respectful environment, please contact the Patient Representative at 651-383-7412 (If outside business hours, please ask to speak to the supervisor to address your concerns).