Riding an adapted bike, trike or hand cycle is great exercise and a wonderful way to spend time with family and friends. With that in mind, Gillette’s certified therapeutic recreation specialists (CTRS) offer therapeutic recreation resource sessions to help families select adapted recreation equipment.
The one-hour sessions include:
- An assessment of abilities and goals is completed to determine what type of cycle would be beneficial.
- A review of products that fit a person’s abilities and needs.
- The opportunity to see and, when appropriate, tryout one of Gillette’s demonstration bikes, trikes or hand cycles.
- A discussion of necessary adaptations (commercially available and custom).
- Information about purchasing and using an adapted bike, including funding options and resources.
At the end of the session, you’ll receive a resource packet to help you select and purchase equipment. We also provide the following related services:
- Follow-up phone consultations with a CTRS.
- Packets that explain funding options (Purchases of adapted sport and recreation equipment, including bikes, typically is not funded by insurance/health plans).
- Information on custom fittings and adaptations.
When working with manufacturers or vendors, remember to:
- Ask if the product has been tested for safety. If so, what were the results? What is the dealer/manufacturer’s experience with durability and safety of the product over time?
- Ask about the vendor’s experience working with the product and with children and adults who have disabilities.
- Request a clear statement of the product’s cost and payment options.
- Find out if the vendor files insurance paperwork.
- Request a clear statement of vendor’s support plan/policy. (Does the vendor offer set-up, fitting, and maintenance education? What support is available if there are problems with the product?)
- Find out if there is a warranty. If so, what are the terms?
- Ask about trade-ins, discounts or other options for purchasing a larger bike as a child grows.
- Obtain a price quote for any commercially available or custom adaptations before you purchase the product.
Always wear a helmet when riding, and be sure to have tons of fun!
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team. If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.