What Result Do I Want?
You want to cleanse your bowel by producing large stools until the bowel is clear.
How do I accomplish an Initial Bowel Clean Out using Fleet enema?
- Plan ahead. To avoid unpredictable bowel accidents, do not make plans to be away from the bathroom once you administer the enema and until you have cleared out your colon.
- Purchase a Fleet enema. Buy two Fleet enemas from your local pharmacy with or without a prescription. Look for it in the laxative section. If you need help, ask the pharmacist.
- Use the Fleet enema. Only use the Fleet enema in your rectum and follow the instructions on the box when using it at these times:
- First Fleet enema: in the evening
- Second Fleet enema: the next morning
- Then, begin your daily maintenance bowel program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Telehealth Nursing at (651) 229-3890 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free).
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team. If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.