At Gillette Children’s, care management is a collaborative, family-centered process of care coordination, planning, and advocacy to support patients and their caregivers in managing complex health conditions.
Care Management services are provided by a team of nurses, social workers and patient access specialists who work closely with your clinical team. They do not replace the clinical team. The goal is to help communication between you, providers and community-based resources.
Support for You
The team recognizes that you are your child’s primary care coordinator and a vital member of the team. To help and support you, the Gillette team members work with you to:
- Coordinate care and services between your child’s Gillette providers, primary care provider and community services and agencies.
- Understand your care priorities and develops a plan of care.
- Coordinate the plan of care with agencies such as home care, school or county services.
- Help during transitions of care, like returning home after a hospitalization. The care manager helps you and your child’s primary care provider, school and home nursing care understand the plan of care.
- Coordinate referrals with other providers and community resources.
- Find the best adult services for your child as they transition to adulthood.
- Develop skills needed to navigate health and community-based services by providing support, education and advocacy.
- Coordinate multi-provider complex visit schedules.
Care Management services are optional. Your provider, clinic/hospital nurse or social worker can connect you with a care manager. You and the care manager can talk about your child’s situation and needs to determine if care management is a good approach for you and your child.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team. If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.