Gillette’s custom tray is custom-made specifically for each user. The tray provides armrests and upper body support for those who use wheelchairs and other mobility devices. You also can use the tray to do daily activities. It has Formica and padded surface, adjustable armrest runners, and a strap that provides a secure and a precise fit.
Depending on your needs, your tray also might include arm pads, communication devices, wheelchair control cut-outs, raised edges, or other accessories.
Installing the Tray
- Put the tray in front of the wheelchair armrest so that the attachment runners are in line with the armrests.
- Slowly slide tray towards the person in the wheelchair so the runners are securely wrapped around the armrest pads. Slide the tray until it is about a half-inch from the stomach.
- Wrap the strap around the outside of the wheelchair’s push canes and secure the buckle behind the person in the wheelchair.
Caring for the Tray
- Clean the tray every day with a non-abrasive detergent or disinfecting cleanser.
- Inspect the tray for any loose screws, sharp edges and missing straps.
Gillette Custom Tray Model Number 3017
Gillette fully guarantees the components of our custom tray under normal use for 90 days. We will make any necessary repairs
free of charge during the warranty period. (The guarantee doesn’t apply to adjustments made due to physiological changes, such as changes in weight or condition. The guarantee only applies to adjustments made by a Gillette provider.)
The fitting process usually involves a two-hour appointment. During this appointment, we will take measurements (if this wasn’t already done during an evaluation). Then the tray will be created and put in place for a trial fit.
After we decide that the tray fits appropriately, the covering, padding, and any appropriate accessories will be added to the tray. We then will discuss the installation and care of the new tray with you.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team.If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.