Emergency Removal of Halo Vest
A provider should be the only one to remove a patient's halo vest. However, if there is an emergency situation, here are the steps you can take in order to do so at home.
· Lay patient flat
· Using the allen wrench loosen screws at the brackets labeled A
· Unbuckle the vest at the waist and shoulders.
· Slide the top portion of the vest down off the rods.
· Do not remove rods from vest.
· The back of the vest serves as a “crash board” for CPR
As always, don't hesitate to contact your provider as soon as possible for help and guidance.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team. If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.