To improve patient safety, Gillette is transitioning to the ENFit connector in the coming months for all devices that provide medication and nutrition to patients who do not take medication or food by mouth.
Pediatric Home Service has provided the following informative videos:
- ENFit connectors overview: https://www.pediatrichomeservice.com/tips-how-tos/enfit-connectors-overview-2/?play=1
- Cleaning ENFit connectors: https://www.pediatrichomeservice.com/tips-how-tos/cleaning-enfit-connectors/?play=1
- Using the Medicine Straw: https://www.pediatrichomeservice.com/tips-how-tos/medicine-straw/?play=1
Additionally, the Stay Connected Organization has provided the following documents to reference:
- Preparing and administering medications using ENFit: http://stayconnected.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/InfoGraphic_-HomeUse_02_03_17.pdf
- Cleaning procedures for low profile feeding tube extension sets: http://stayconnected.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ENFit-Cleaning-Procedures-Ext-Sets-Home.pdf
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team.If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.