A Gillette sports and leisure assessment can help you get on the road to a more active and social lifestyle. A one-hour assessment includes:
- A leisure interest assessment to help identify your interests and abilities, as well as help you make the activities that you already do easier and more enjoyable.
- Recommendations for how you may benefit from leisure physically, emotionally, and socially.
- Information about community resources that will help you locate and participate in these leisure interests.
A more intense and complete fitness assess-ment is also available. It includes:
- A fitness screening, which assesses your current cardio respiratory fitness level and serves as a baseline against which you can measure progress.
- An individualized fitness plan which is developed with input from the certified therapeutic recreation specialist (CTRS) and you.
- A follow up fitness evaluation, after eight weeks, to give feedback on your progress.
Also available is:
- A phone consultation with a CTRS to answer questions about your progress. The specialist is also available as a resource to work with community programs.
Participating in sports and recreation can be a great way for children and young people with disabilities to stay healthy and to feel good about themselves.
For further information about Gillette’s Therapeutic Recreation fitness program, please call 651-229-3855 or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team.