Pump Model: _____________________
Reservoir size: ____________________
Current ITB dose: ___________ mcg/day
Low reservoir alarm date: _____________
Date pump needs to be refilled by: ________
Follow up with a nurse practitioner in clinic one month after you leave the hospital.
When to Call Gillette
Call Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890 if:
- Any drainage occurs from incisions
- The incisions become firm and red
- Fever develops
- Any incision starts to open
- Tingling or itching develops
- There is an increase in pain or tone (spasticity)
- There is a noticeable change in mental status
- There is increased swelling or fluid near the incisions
Informing Medical Care Providers
Please tell your primary health care provider that a pump has been implanted. This information might be important when the provider prescribes tests.
Before discharge, you’ll receive a temporary registration card. Keep this with you at all times. Medtronic will send you a permanent registration card soon
Obtain an ID bracelet that indicates you have an intrathecal baclofen pump. In an emergency, other caregivers would need to know that. Suggested engraving: ITB pump — Call Medtronic: 1-800-328-0810.
Nursing staff has demonstrated the noncritical and critical alarms for you.
Noncritical alarm will sound when:
- Low reservoir volume has been reached
- Estimated replacement date has been reached
- A noncritical memory error occurs (data that is not critical)
Critical alarm will sound for:
- Empty reservoir
- End of service (low battery)
- Motor stall, pump stopped for longer than 48 hours
- Critical memory error
If any alarm sounds, call Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.
It’s important to keep all of your scheduled appointments to avoid running out of baclofen in your pump. If your pump runs out, you will experience baclofen withdrawal. If you must reschedule an appointment, call 651-229-3820.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team.If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.