Gillette Children's is Committed to Environmental Sustainability
Climate change is the largest threat to the health of everyone, and it disproportionately impacts patients and communities served by Gillette Children’s.
Gillette Children’s is a global beacon for children living with complex brain, bone and movement conditions. We understand the unique challenges our patients and families are facing, and this includes the effects from climate change.
Gillette is committed to building environmentally sustainable healthcare through mitigation, prevention, and advocacy through the following:
- Improved resource conservation:
- Improved energy and water efficiency.
- Reduced waste production.
- Environmentally preferable purchasing:
- Partnering with suppliers who are committed to reducing the carbon footprint.
- Adhering to environmentally preferable purchasing criteria for products and services.
- Partnering with stakeholders to improve community health, lower our carbon footprint, and improve regional health and environmental equity.
- Fulfilling requirements from the Health and Human Services Health Care Sector Climate Pledge.