Daniel Miller, MD
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- Orthopedics - Spine
- Scoliosis (Idiopathic, Neuromuscular and Congenital)
- Early Onset Scoliosis
- Pediatric Spine Deformities
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
*This is not a complete list of conditions
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. You can use the forward and back keys on the keyboard to navigate.
- Medical School:
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Board Certification(s):
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Emerging Leaders, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, Scoliosis Research Society, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- Miller DJ, Nelson SE, Shah AS, Ganley TJ, Flynn JM. Outpatient Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery. Accepted to Orthop Clin North Am. 2017
- Striano B, Jackson T, Miller DJ, Sankar WN. Current Concepts in Unstable Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. U. Penn. Orthop. J. 27:58-60, 2017.
- Nelson SE, Blumberg TJ, Gambone AJ, Miller DJ, Cahill PJ. Growth Modulation for Idiopathic Scoliosis with an Anterior Tether – Operative Technique. U. Penn. Orthop. J. 27: 83-84, 2017.
- DeFrancesco CJ, Pasha S, Miller DJ, Betz RR, Clements DH, Fletcher ND, Glotzbecker MG, Hwang SW, Kelly MP, Lehman RA, Lonner BS, Newton PO, Roye BD, Sponseller PD, Upasani VV; Harms Study Group, Cahill PJ. Agreement Between Manual and Computerized Designation of Neutral Vertebra in Idiopathic Scoliosis. Spine Deform. 2018 Nov - Dec;6(6):644-650. PMID: 30348338
- Miller DJ, Trofa DP, Parisien RL, Noback PC, Lynch TS, Popkin CA, Jobin CM, Levine WN, Ahmad CS. The Role of Athletic Event Coverage in Orthopaedic Residency Training: A National Survey of Residency Program Directors. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2018 Oct 12. PMID: 30320733
- Miller DJ, Cahill PJ, Janicki JA, Stephenson LP, Choi PD. What's New in Pediatric Orthopaedic Quality, Safety, and Value? A Systematic Review With Results of the 2016 POSNA Quality, Safety, and Value Initiative (QSVI) Challenge. J Pediatr Orthop. 2018 Nov/Dec;38(10):e646-e651. PMID: 30074591
- DeFrancesco CJ, Miller DJ, Cahill PJ, Spiegel DA, Flynn JM, Baldwin KD. Releasing the tether: Weight normalization following corrective spinal fusion in cerebral palsy. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2018 May-Aug;26(2): PMID: 29938586
- Blumberg TJ, DeFrancesco CJ, Miller DJ, Pandya NK, Flynn JM, Baldwin KD. Firearm-associated Fractures in Children and Adolescents: Trends in the United States 2003-2012. J Pediatr Orthop. 2018 Aug;38(7):e387-e392. PMID: 29727408
- Jackson TJ, Miller DJ, Nelson SE, Cahill PJ, Flynn JM. Two for One: A Change in Hand Positioning During Low-Dose Spinal Stereoradiography Allows for Concurrent, Reliable Sanders Skeletal Maturity Staging. Spine Deform. 2018 Jul - Aug;6(4):391-396. PMID: 29886909
- Miller DJ, Vitale MG. Rib-Based Anchors for Growing Rods in the Treatment of Early-Onset Scoliosis. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics 26.4 (2016): 241-246.
- Boody B, Johnson P, Pugely A, Miller DJ, Geller J, Payne W, Boegener J, Schafer M, Beal M. Validation of a Web-Based Curriculum for Resident Education in Orthopedic Surgery. J Surg Educ. 2016 Jul 21. pii: S1931-7204(16)30069-1. PMID: 27453538
International travel, recreational ice-hockey, college football, college lacrosse.
About our Care Team
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.
Find the Right Care
gilletteSTORIESonlineThe stories of Gillette patients, families and team members who help inspire and inform.
June 23, 2021
Experience and Expertise Makes a Difference in Gillette Scoliosis CareA diagnosis of scoliosis, a curvature of the spine, can be upsetting for a family…
April 14, 2021
Six Gillette Doctors Named Rising StarsMpls. St. Paul Magazine recently released the 7th edition of its “Top Doctors, Rising Stars” list,…
July 28, 2020
Meet our 2020 Top DoctorsMpls. St. Paul Magazine recently released its “Top Doctors list,” which includes the names of 24 physicians…
May 13, 2020
Play it Safe During COVID-19: Avoiding Fractures and InjuriesAs the weather turns warmer and sunnier, families are eager to get outside for fresh…
April 25, 2019