Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is different from other children’s hospitals for a couple of reasons: expertise and multidisciplinary collaboration. Gillette is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in the diagnosis and treatment of children, adolescents and adults with disabilities and complex medical conditions, and we also provide exceptional care for a broad range of pediatric orthopedic conditions. Gillette has one of the largest fellowship trained, pediatric orthopedic surgery groups in the country and the largest in the Midwest with a capture area that includes the 5-state area. Its national and international recognition also draws patients from all over the United States and beyond. Clinical, academic, and educational services are delivered in close collaboration and coordination with the University of Minnesota, Children’s Minnesota, and other local organizations.
We are looking for one experienced, dedicated, and compassionate non-operative Pediatric Orthopedic Physician to join our team in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area of Minnesota.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellence, leadership, and direction to interdisciplinary teams as it relates to orthopedics in the following areas:
- Working collaboratively within the interdisciplinary team to provide services that are consistent with patient needs and with current best clinical practices.
- Pre- and post-operative care.
- Consultative clinical care for persons in Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare programs and potentially non-operative fracture care at Children’s Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota.
- Development of clinical criteria to be used in the monitoring and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of pediatric orthopedic care provided.
- Consulting with physicians who provide primary care to our patients, to maximize a person’s health care and coordinate that care with care provided at Gillette.
- Administrative, research and education responsibilities within the orthopedics section, with the opportunity for an academic appointment.
- Continue education to maintain competency in areas of expertise.
- Quality improvement and safety initiatives.
- Education of Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare residents, medical students, and fellows by providing seminars and teaching.
The Ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for making a difference in the lives of patients, enjoys working with a strong team focused on helping patients improve their health and live their lives more independently, brings energy to the workplace while having the ability to have work life balance.
Candidates for this opportunity must be a board certified or board eligible physician who has completed a fellowship in either non-operative pediatric orthopedics or sports medicine with experience and/or interest in pediatric orthopedics. This candidate also needs to be committed to being part of an internationally recognized organization that is focused on providing the best care for patients through a strong interdisciplinary approach.
Anticipated job responsibilities may include evaluation and management of pediatric sports injuries, young adult hip preservation, acute orthopedic trauma, Ponseti casting for clubfeet, and management of other non-operative common pediatric orthopedic conditions.
For more information, contact Dr. Kevin Walker, Orthopedic Surgeon, Associate Medical Director, Department of Orthopedics, firstname.lastname@example.org or Heather Lubs, Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist, email@example.com. Click here to apply directly to the position: https://bit.ly/3439NwT. Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual's race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state, or local laws.