Spiritual care and support from a hospital chaplain can be a great comfort to those living with disabilities and/or complex medical conditions.
Chaplaincy services at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare are available to support the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of your family. We understand the ways in which cultural and religious values affect your child’s hospital stay and guide your health care decisions.
What Is Chaplaincy?
A professional health care chaplain can provide comfort, counseling and spiritual care in times of trauma, crisis and distress. In the hospital, we do everything we can to create a healing environment that honors your family’s spirituality and religious beliefs.
Chaplains serving Gillette are members of the Regions Hospital Chaplaincy department and are board certified through the Association of Professional Chaplains.
How Chaplaincy Can Help
Whether your child has a lifelong condition or experiences a traumatic injury, Gillette has the team and the resources necessary to provide superior care.
Regardless of your religious affiliation or beliefs, chaplains are available to:
- Listen to your family’s spiritual needs and resources related to your child’s health care or hospitalization.
- Offer resources to meet your spiritual needs in the health care setting.
- Offer reflective listening and pastoral counseling.
- Provide spiritual care at the end of someone’s life, and provide bereavement services for families who have lost loved ones.
- Support your family if your child is facing surgery or a new diagnosis or prognosis.
- Support your values and beliefs that influence the medical decisions you are facing
- Attend family conferences to offer support and serve as nonmedical liaisons between your family and care providers.
- Perform religious services, as appropriate or as requested.
You can meet with a hospital chaplain on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Chaplains are on call overnight, on weekends and on holidays for urgent needs. A Roman Catholic priest is available upon request.