Friends of Gillette is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
Through membership, individual contributions, volunteering and fundraising events, we support world-renowned care for children who have some of the most complex needs in pediatric medicine. Becoming a member of Friends of Gillette is a wonderful and fulfilling way to make a difference in the life of a child.
What Friends Do
As a member, you might volunteer at the hospital, plan fundraising events and make individual contributions that support patient care.
For example, members:
- Help to plan in-hospital parties—featuring activities such as making cookies, drawing scarecrows or making Valentines—for patients and families six times each year
- Assist with the annual benefit—a family-friendly gala that raises awareness about Gillette and money for vital services
- Host private fundraising parties and events
- Support the Adaptive Technology and Sports Fund at Gillette so kids of all abilities can stay healthy and active
You can also help by raising awareness about the hospital, encouraging new memberships and assisting with essential tasks, such as mailings, ticket sales, thank you notes and much more.
How Friends Make a Difference
Since forming in 1985, Friends of Gillette has given more than $4.5 million to Gillette through fundraising activities and individual contributions. As a member, your contributions directly affect patient care and services. Over the years, we've supported Gillette's:
- Gillette Assistance Program (GAP)
- Computer Fund
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Health Resources and Education area
- Vehicles for our outreach services and sites in greater Minnesota
- Therapy pool
- Epilepsy services
- Play and family room in the inpatient rehabilitation unit
Run, Walk and Roll
5K Run/3K Family Fun Walk
Friends of Gillette hosts an annual Run, Walk and Roll. This family-friendly event is a 5K chip-timed run and 3K fun walk, where teams can roll, stroll or run around beautiful Como Park all while raising money to buy adapted sports and communication equipment for kids who have disabilities. This event is open to runners, walkers and rollers of all ability levels and benefits Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
The Friends of Gillette Annual Benefit
The Friends of Gillette Annual Benefit is a family-friendly holiday gala that raises awareness of Gillette and money for its vital services. Each year’s event includes a night at the theater.
Since forming in 1985, the Friends of Gillette volunteer organization has raised more than $4.5 million to improve the lives of kids and adults who have disabilities or complex medical conditions.
Become a Friend Today!
Friends of Gillette is looking for people who are interested in making a difference in the lives of children.
Although we’re an organization about giving, it’s amazing how much members get in return for their efforts. You’ll quickly discover a deep sense of connection with the children Gillette serves. In addition, you’ll experience the support of a strong network of enthusiastic and compassionate people.
You can become a member for only $50 per year. Household memberships ($85 for two people) are also available. Additional donations can be made and are tax deductible.
For more information, call 651-229-1726.