It’s Okay to Ask! introduces five children who have disabilities or complex medical conditions. They love to read, play, tell jokes, and make friends. As you get to know the characters in the book and learn that it’s okay to ask questions, you will discover that everyone is more alike than you might think and that people of all abilities can be friends.
Written by the experts at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, and illustrated by beloved Twin Cities artist Nancy Carlson, It’s Okay to Ask! helps children see beyond a person’s disability and form positive opinions through friendship.
Check out our recent news stories featuring It's Okay to Ask!
- New book by Gillette Children's encourages kids to ask about disabilities
- Book teaches young readers about disabilities
- New children's book on why it's 'Okay to Ask' about disabilities
- It's OK to ask: Children's book seeks to demystify disabilities
- Coyotes and crayons: Minnesota authors offer new books for kids
- AWP 2015 with Children's Publishers and Authors: A Photo Essay
- Children's hospital patients hang with Harlem Globetrotter Buckets Blake
- Gillette Children's hospital releases new book
- Story hour gives positive message about disabilities
Read It's Okay to Ask! to a child you know today!