Student Summer Volunteers (Ages 16 and 17)
Our summer volunteer program is for 16 and 17 year olds. Students commit to volunteering each week June through August. We accept applications March until filled.
If you have questions about volunteering at Gillette, email email@example.com or call 651-578-5004.
We have a limited number of high school summer volunteer openings. High school volunteers must:
- Be 16 or 17 years old. Applicants 18 or older, please apply for our adult hospital and clinic volunteer opportunities
- Be able to volunteer for three hours, once a week, for the entire summer period of June through August
- Be available to volunteer Monday- Friday, between 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Be comfortable interacting with children who have disabilities
- Commit to maintaining patient confidentiality
- Complete a background check and fingerprinting
- Provide vaccination information, including but not limited to documentation of COVID-19 vaccine, Influenza vaccine, and documentation of a QuantiFERON®-TB Gold blood test (QFT-G) within the last 30 days.
Volunteer Application Process
To apply, students must:
- Complete an online Teen Volunteer Application Form. Applications are only accepted from March until filled each year.
Submit one teacher or guidance counselor reference form.
- Have a parent or guardian print, sign and return a parent release form.
Applications are complete when these forms are submitted to Volunteer Program through firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Online application.
- Reference form.
- Parental release form.
Volunteer Interviews and Selection
We will contact applicants who have submitted all required paperwork listed above to provide additional information about the interview process and any additional information needed for selection.
Teen volunteers interact with patients and families volunteering as surgery waiting room assistance or in rehabilitation therapies.
- Surgery waiting room assistance: Greet families in our warm, welcoming, child-friendly surgery waiting room. Assist families, offer directions and help, as needed. Our waiting room is busy and families appreciate the help! (Weekdays during daytime hours.)
- Rehabilitation therapies: This opportunity is perfect for physical or occupational therapy students or those thinking about careers in rehabilitation therapies. Assist with setting up therapy sessions and other department support (making copies, running errands, etc.). (Weekdays during daytime hours.)