Spaces for Rest and Recreation
The St. Paul Campus at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare offers a variety of amenities to accommodate your daily needs.
Ronald McDonald Family Room®
The Ronald McDonald Family Room offers a beautiful common space that’s open to the families of any patients staying overnight at the hospital.
- It includes a lounge space, kitchen, laundry facilities, TV, computers and video games.
- Kids under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Find it on the fourth floor, near the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- It’s open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Playrooms and Family Areas
Visit and relax in a variety of playrooms and child- and family-friendly common spaces throughout the hospital. Ask your nurse to find a playroom or family lounge.
Food and Beverage
Choose from gourmet coffee, tea, fruit, breakfast items, soup, sandwiches, and more.
- Find it on the fourth floor, near the skyway.
- It’s open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Coffee and Vending Machines
Free coffee and tea are available in many areas on or near your unit. Vending machines can be found:
- On the fourth floor near Skyway Café.
- Regions hospital, first floor, central section, in the atrium.
- Regions hospital, second floor, central section, near Café 640.
Regions Hospital Dining
Regions Hospital offers:
- Café 640, a full-service cafeteria on the second floor that’s open for breakfast, lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday, plus breakfast and lunch service on the weekend.
- Overlook Coffee and Deli, a place to get meals and snacks on the second floor. It’s open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Entertainment and Activities
If you're staying at the hospital, ask your nurse for a schedule of upcoming events and activities for patients, siblings and families.
Camp Gillette creates a camp experience for children right inside the hospital during the summer.
Cooks for Kids
For families of patients staying overnight in the hospital, our Ronald McDonald Family Room offers meals cooked by volunteers. You can participate in the meals—ask your care team for more information.
Evening and Weekend Activities
Our child life specialists and hospital volunteers frequently offer activities like movie nights, arts and crafts sessions, dog shows and game nights that you’re welcome to participate in.
Gillette often welcomes special guests—from Miss Minnesota to members of the Minnesota Wild—who visit with our patients. Your care team will let you know if any special visitors will be stopping by while you’re staying at the hospital.
Toys, Books, Games and Movies
Each hospital unit has a collection of movies, books and games you may use at any time. Video game systems are also available. Ask your nurse for more information.
Gifts, Newspapers and ATMs
Regions Hospital’s Bright Corner Gift Shop offers an extensive selection of gifts, flowers, balloons, jewelry, candy, newspapers and cards.
- Find it on the second floor of Regions Hospital, in the south section.
- It’s open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and on the weekend from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pick up a copy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press or the Minneapolis Star Tribune at newspaper stands near hospital entrances and elevators.
An ATM is available on the fourth floor, across from the Ginkgo Coffee Bar and Deli. Regions Hospital also has an ATM near the cafeteria on the second floor of its central section.
Gillette offers chaplaincy services for families and shares the chapel space at Regions Hospital. The chapel welcomes people of all religious faiths and spiritual traditions.
Our Guest Services desk is on the fourth floor, near the main Gillette entrance. Visit if you’d like help finding your way around the hospital or St. Paul, if you’d like to buy reduced-rate parking vouchers, or if you have any other questions about Gillette.
For Your Safety
Regions Hospital Security always has security officers on-site to monitor the safety of patients, visitors and staff. A security officer is always available to escort people to parking areas, jump-start vehicles, or retrieve keys from locked vehicles—just call 651-254-3979.
Gillette is a smoke-free hospital. No smoking is allowed inside the hospital, on hospital grounds, or in the parking ramp. To smoke on public sidewalks along Jackson Street and University Avenue, exit through level B of the parking ramp until 8 p.m. After 8 p.m., use the Regions Hospital Emergency department entrance.
No Latex Balloons
Because our patients might be allergic to latex, we don’t allow latex balloons inside Gillette. Mylar balloons are a good alternative.