Alberto Orioles, MD
- Critical Care Intensivist
I feels privileged to be able to help sick children in such a wonderful and supportive environment.
- Medical School:
- University of Udine, Italy
- Pediatrics, Louisiana State University, New Orleans
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – Philadelphia
- Board Certification(s):
- Bhalala U.S., Rizkalla, N.A., Orioles, A. The Critically Ill Child. In: Basics of Pediatric Anesthesia, Ed: Litman, R.S., Philadelphia, 2013.
- Orioles A, Morrison WE, Rossano JW, Shore PM, Hasz RD, Martiner AC, Berg RA, Nadkarni VM. (2012). An under-recognized benefit of CPR: organ transplantation. Abstract and oral presentation at the 19th Pediatric Critical Care Colloquium, Santa Monica, CA, Sep 6-9 2012.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 13 (6), 711-721 Himebauch A., Viteri S., Hehir D, and Orioles A. (2012). Chapter 72: Specific Intoxications.
- In J.A. Stockwell, G.M. Preissig. Comprehensive Critical Care: Pediatric (991-1008).
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Orioles A, Weiss SL. Critical Appraisal of: Zarychanski R, Doucette S, Fergusson D, Roberts D, Houston DS, Sharma S, Gulati H, Kumar A. Early intravenous unfractionated heparin and mortality in septic shock. Crit Care Med 2008 36(11):2973-2979.
- In the PedsCCM Evidence-Based Journal Club, April 09,2012. Available at http://pedsccm.org/view.php?id=577, accessed 12/05, 2012 McInnes, A. D., Sutton, R. M., Orioles, A., Nishisaki, A., Niles, D., Abella, B. S., et al. (2011). The first quantitative report of ventilation rate during in-hospital resuscitation of older children and adolescents.
- Resuscitation, 82(8), 1025-1029. Orioles A, Morrison C, Gardner R, Sanzone A, Bégué R. (2009). Aids related lymphoma presenting as proptosis in a previously healthy infant.
- Poster at the American Academy of Pediatrics - Louisiana Chapter Pediatric Potpourri XVIII, Baton Rouge, LA, Sep 11-13 2009. Crichiutti, G., Poskurica, I., & Orioles, A. (2010). Convulsions with mild gastroenteritis. Medico e Bambino, 29(3), 165-169. Zanetti, R., Prezioso, A., Crichiutti, G., Orioles, A., & Cremaschi, S. (2004).
- Neuropsychological and neurophysiological findings in two brothers one featuring ESES syndrome and the other Landau Kleffner syndrome. Bollettino - Lega Italiana Contro l'Epilessia, (125-126), 321-324.
I grew up in Udine, Italy, and moved to the United States for my graduate medical training. In my free time, I enjoy reading, cooking, traveling, playing the piano, and spending time with family and friends.
About our Care Team
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.