Research Focus Area(s)
- Cerebral palsy Traumatic brain injury Gait impairments
- Graduate Degree:
- University of Washington, M.S., Mechanical Engineering, | University of Washington, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
Conner, B.C., Spomer A.M., Steele K.M., Lerner Z.F. (2022). Factors influencing neuromuscular responses to gait training with a robotic ankle exoskeleton in cerebral palsy. Assistive Technology.
Spomer, A.M, Yan R.Z., Schwartz M.H., Steele K.M. (2022). Synergies are minimally affected during emulation of cerebral palsy gait patterns. Journal of Biomechanics, 133.
Conner B.C., Spomer A.M., Bishe S.S.P.A, Steele K.M., Lerner Z.F. (2022). Soleus H-reflex modulation in cerebral palsy and its relationship with neural control complexity: a pilot study. Experimental Brain Research, 240(7-8).
A list of Dr. Spomer's publications may be found here.
Research Areas of Interest
- Biofeedback system and rehabilitation device design
- Motor control and motor adaptation following neurologic injury
- Modeling acute recovery and longitudinal outcomes to inform therapeutic dosing
- Assistive and adaptive technology