Kyle Miller, MD
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- Scoliosis (Idiopathic, Neuromuscular and Congenital)
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH)
- Lower Extremity Alignment Concerns
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebral Palsy
*This is not a complete list of conditions
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. You can use the forward and back keys on the keyboard to navigate.
My philosophy to caring for children involves careful communication and coordination between our team and the family to ensure that the right care is being provided for each patient. Each person who comes to our hospital brings a unique set of needs and challenges which can best be addressed by thoughtful discussion and consideration of treatment options. I believe in the power of working together, including discussion of complex cases with a network of experts across the country, and I feel that the shared "team mindset" at Gillette Children's is one of the qualities that makes this place so special.
- Medical School:
- Duke University School of Medicine
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Campbell Clinic Pediatric Orthopedics Fellowship – University of Tennessee
- Miller KJ, Saherwala AA, Webber BC, Wu Y, Sherry AD, Woods M. The population of SAP and TSAP isomers in cyclen-based lanthanide(III) chelates is substantially affected by solvent. Inorganic Chemistry 2010;49(19):8662-8664.
- Lorden ER*, Miller KJ*, Ibrahim MM, Bashirov L, Hammett E, Quiles C, Medina MA, Rastegarpour A, Selim MA, Leong KW, Levinson H. Biostable electrospun microfibrous scaffolds mitigate hypertrophic scar contraction. Acta Biomaterelia. 2016;32:100-109. *Contributed equally.
- Lorden ER, Miller KJ, Bashirov L, Ibrahim MM, Hammett E, Jung Y, Medina MA, Rastegarpour A, Selim MA, Leong KW, Levinson H. Mitigation of hypertrophic scar contraction via an elastomeric biodegradable scaffold. Biomaterials. 2015;43:61-70.
- Ibrahim MM, Bond J, Bergeron A, Miller KJ, Ehanire T, Quiles C, Lorden ER, Medina MA, Fisher M, Klitzman B, Selim MA, Leong KW, Levinson H. A novel immune competent murine hypertrophic scar contracture model: a tool to elucidate disease mechanism and develop new therapies. Wound Repair & Regeneration. 2014;22(6):755-764.
- Levinson, H., Leong, K. W., Lorden, E. R., & Miller, K. J. (2014). U.S. Patent No. CA2967352A1. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Miller KJ*, Cao W*, Ibrahim MM, Bond JE, Levinson H. The Effect of Microporous Polysaccharide Hemospheres on Wound Healing and Scarring in Wild Type and db/db Mice. Advances in Skin & Wound Care. 2017;30(4):169-180. *Contributed equally.
- Miller KJ, Brown DA, Ibrahim MM, Ramchal TD, Levinson H. MicroRNAs in Skin Tissue Engineering. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 2015:1;88:16-36.
- Levinson, H; Garcia, RM; Miller, KJ; Levin, LS. Major hand replantation after an extended search for the missing part. Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2014; 25(3):302-304.
- Levinson H, Miller KJ, Adams SB Jr, Parekh SG. Treatment of Spontaneous Osteonecrosis of the Tarsal Navicular With a Free Medial Femoral Condyle Vascularized Bone Graft: A New Approach to Managing a Difficult Problem. Foot & Ankle Specialist. 2013; 7(4):332-337.
- Miller, KJ; Spiker, AS. Osteoid Osteoma and Surgical Technique. Hip Arthroscopy and Hip Joint Preservation, 2nd Edition. ISBN 978-3-030-43239-3. Accepted- publication date: July 18, 2022
- Kopriva, JM; Miller, KJ; Legare, JM; Noonan, KJ. Trevor’s Disease of the Distal Radioulnar Joint in Two Children with Achondroplasia. American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part A. 2020; 182(5):1249-1254.
- Walczak, BE; Miller, KJ; Behun, MA; Sienkiewicz, L; Hartwig-Stokes, H; McCabe, R; Baer, GS. In Vitro Characterization of the Effects of Postoperative Activities on Displacement of the Posterior Meniscus Roots. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. Submitted – under revision
I enjoy music, reading, hiking, camping, boating, snowshoeing/skiing, taking the dogs for walks, and spending time with friends and family.
About our Care Team
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.
Find the Right Care
gilletteSTORIESonlineThe stories of Gillette patients, families and team members who help inspire and inform.
April 1, 2019
An Impressive Award and Long History for Gillette Orthopedic CareThe pediatric orthopedic department at Gillette Children's is the first pediatric health care organization in…
January 11, 2022
Gillette Care for Scoliosis and Spine Issues Makes a SplashWe get an update on one of the most popular stories posted on our Gillette…
December 13, 2016