Nickolas Nahm, MD
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- Limb-Length Discrepancy and Limb Differences
- Lower Extremity Deformity
- Cerebral Palsy
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. You can use the forward and back keys on the keyboard to navigate.
I love being a pediatric orthopedic surgeon because I have the opportunity to restore and optimize function in children every day. My goal is to work together with the child, family, and entire care team to find an individualized treatment plan that offers the best solution for the child.
- Medical School:
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital; Diagnostic Radiology, Henry Ford Hospital
- Pediatric Orthopaedics, AI duPont Hospital for Children; Neuromuscular Orthopaedics, AI duPont Hospital for Children; Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction, Sinai Hospital
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine and Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Feng C, Tollin G, Hazzard JT, Nahm NJ, Guillemette JG, Salerno JC,
Ghosh DK. Direct measurement by laser flash photolysis of intraprotein
electron transfer in a rat neuronal nitric oxide synthase. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
129 : 5621-9. 2007
- Feng C, Dupont AL, Nahm NJ, Spratt DE, Hazzard JT, Weinberg JB,
Guillemette JG, Tollin G, Ghosh DK. Intraprotein electron transfer in
inducible nitric oxide synthase holoenzyme. J. Biol. Inorg. Chem. 14 :
- Nahm NJ, Como JJ, Wilber JH, Vallier HA. Early appropriate care:
definitive stabilization of femoral fractures within 24 hours of injury is safe
in most patients with multiple injuries. J Trauma. 71 : 175-85. 2011
- Ghosh DK, Ray K, Rogers AJ, Nahm NJ, Salerno JC. FMN fluorescence in
inducible NOS constructs reveals a series of conformational states
involved in the reductase catalytic cycle. FEBS J. 279 : 1306-17. 2012
- Nahm N, Lubin J, Lubin J, Bankwitz BK, Castelaz M, Chen X, Shackson
JC, Aggarwal MN, Totten VY. Therapy dogs in the emergency department.
West J Emerg Med. 13 : 363-5. 2012
- Nahm NJ, Patterson BM, Vallier HA. The impact of injury severity and
transfer status on reimbursement for care of femur fractures. J Trauma
Acute Care Surg. 73 : 957-65. 2012
- Nahm NJ, Vallier HA. Timing of definitive treatment of femoral shaft
fractures in patients with multiple injuries: a systematic review of
randomized and nonrandomized trials. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 73 :
- Nahm NJ, Como JJ, Vallier HA. The impact of major operative fractures in
blunt abdominal injury. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 74 : 1307-14. 2013
- Nahm NJ, Moore TA, Vallier HA. Use of two grading systems in
determining risks associated with timing of fracture fixation. J Trauma
Acute Care Surg. 77 : 268-79. 2014
- Lane MK, Nahm NJ, Vallier HA. Morbidity and Mortality of Bilateral Femur
Fractures. Orthopedics. 38 : e588-92. 2015
- Childs BR, Nahm NJ, Dolenc AJ, Vallier HA. Obesity Is Associated With
More Complications and Longer Hospital Stays After Orthopaedic Trauma.
J Orthop Trauma. 29 : 504-9. 2015
- Vallier HA, Moore TA, Nahm NJ. Re: Issues regarding patient assessment
scores that focus on acid base changes in fracture patients. J Trauma
Acute Care Surg. 80 : 838-9. 2016
- Childs BR, Nahm NJ, Moore TA, Vallier HA. Multiple Procedures in the
Initial Surgical Setting: When Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks in
Patients With Multiple System Trauma?. J Orthop Trauma. 30 : 420-5.
- Frisch NB, Nahm NJ, Khalil JG, Les CM, Guthrie ST, Charters MA. Short
Versus Long Cephalomedullary Nails for Pertrochanteric Hip Fracture.
Orthopedics. 40 : 83-88. 2017
- Nahm NJ, Graham HK, Gormley ME, Georgiadis AG. Management of
hypertonia in cerebral palsy. Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 30 : 57-64. 2018
- Daley E, Nahm N, Koueiter D, Zaltz I. Does Compensatory Anterior Pelvic
Tilt Decrease After Bilateral Periacetabular Osteotomy?. Clin. Orthop.
Relat. Res. 477 : 1168-1175. 2019
- Nahm NJ, Frisch NB, Ghacham W, Les CM, Guthrie ST, Charters MA.
Radiographic Predictors of Screw Cutout for Intertrochanteric Fractures
Treated With Cephalomedullary Nails. J Surg Orthop Adv. 28 : 115-120.
- Nahm N, Bey MJ, Liu S, Guthrie ST. Ankle Motion and Offloading in Short
Leg Cast and Low and High Fracture Boots. Foot Ankle Int. 40 :
- Nahm NJ, Sohrweide SS, Wervey RA, Schwartz MH, Novacheck TF.
Surgical treatment of pes planovalgus in ambulatory children with cerebral
palsy: Static and dynamic changes as characterized by multi-segment foot
modeling, physical examination and radiographs. Gait Posture. 76 :
- Halanski MA; Nahm NJ. Current Concept Review: Spinal Muscular
Atrophy. Journal of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society. 2020 May; Vol. 2 (1)
Nahm N, Boyce Nichols LR. Percutaneous Osteotomies in Pediatric
Deformity Correction. Orthop. Clin. North Am. 51 : 345-360. 2020
- Georgiadis AG, Koester TM, Mackenzie WG, Nahm NJ, Novotny SA,
Rogers KJ, Siljander BR, Sousa TC, White KK, Walker KR. Intraoperative
Neurological Monitoring in Lower Limb Surgery for Patients With
Mucopolysaccharidoses. Journal of pediatric orthopedics. 2020
Spending time with my wife and daughter, traveling, reading.
About our Care Team
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.