Walter Truong, MD
- Pediatric Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon
- Medical Director, Orthopedics (Interim)
- Orthopedics - Spine
- Scoliosis (Idiopathic, Neuromuscular and Congenital)
- Pediatric Hip and Knee Conditions
- Lower Extremity Alignment Concerns
English, Vietnamese, Chinese (Cantonese)
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. You can use the forward and back keys on the keyboard to navigate.
Diagnosis begins with active listening, followed by detailed examination, then focused testing that takes into account the burden on the family and the long-term risks associated with those tests, such as radiation and anesthesia. Only when the diagnosis is accurate and the natural history is explained well, can the patient and family join me in a joint decision on treatment that maximizes outcomes and minimizes discomfort.
- Medical School:
- Ohio State University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children
- Board Certification(s):
- Orthopaedics, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery; RCS(C) (Orthopaedics, Canada)
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society Of North America, SRS, American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, American Orthopaedic Association, COA, American Medical Association, MOS
I enjoy basketball, snowboarding, Taekwon-Do and Muay Thai kickboxing.
About our Care Team
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.