On This Page
People who have disabilities can develop gastrointestinal challenges—including gastroesophogeal reflux disease and inflammatory bowel disease—related to their primary conditions. That’s why gastroenterology care at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare focuses on the unique needs of patients who have disabilities and complex conditions.
Like all members of Gillette’s care team, our gastroenterologists are experts at caring for people who have physical, cognitive (thinking and learning) and health-related challenges.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our gastroenterologists understand the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex conditions.
- We provide gastroenterology care as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Our facilities and technology are designed specifically for people who have disabilities and complex conditions.
Our Gastroenterology Team
Gillette’s gastroenterologists have extensive experience working with children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions. We also collaborate with providers in a variety of specialties to provide comprehensive care for every patient.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
We treat patients who have the following conditions related to their disabilities:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Poor intestinal motility (movement)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Issues with oral motor function
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
For some patients, gastroenterology treatment involves improving their nutritional status and ability to eat. Other patients need testing to assess the health and function of the gastrointestinal system, which includes the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine (colon), rectum and anus.
Some of the tests we offer include:
- Upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy
- Fluoroscopy and video fluoroscopy
- Colon scan (barium enema)
When issues arise, our gastroenterologists work closely with the other members of a patient’s care team to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Gillette’s gastroenterologists collaborate with a wide range of specialists to provide a comprehensive treatment plan for each patient.
We work closely with specialists in:
- Neurodevelopmental pediatrics
- Nutrition and feeding
- Pediatrics and general medicine
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Radiology and imaging
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »