Part 2: Entertainment and Information at Gillette's St. Paul Campus
By: Gillette’s Family Council
Gillette’s Family Council includes parents and caregivers of Gillette patients. We help Gillette promote patient and family-centered care and offer our perspectives on programs, departments, publications and projects. In short, we represent Gillette families! Through our experiences, we’ve learned a lot about making your time at Gillette as easy as possible—and we’re happy to share our top findings with you.
Find Entertainment and Information
You don’t have to stay in the waiting room when you visit Gillette's St. Paul Clinic. Here are some options.
- Get Outside: The Peggy King Healing Garden is a great outdoor play area, right across the skyway (on the left). On nice days, it’s the perfect place to burn off energy between appointments. Get an access badge at Health Resources and Education or Information. (If your child is an inpatient, ask at your nursing station.)
- Learn More: You can check out books, magazines, DVDs and other materials about disabilities and related issues from Health Resources and Education. Resources come in a variety of languages. You can also learn about Family Voices, Parent to Parent and other organizations that help connect families of children who have complex medical conditions.
- Get Charged: Cell phone running low? Health Resources and Education will lend you a charger.
- Unexpected Problem? Health Resources and Education also has emergency supplies of diapers, formula, sippy cups, pacifiers, and needle and thread.
- Visit Gillette on Social Media: Gillette is active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube—and wants to connect with you. If you’d like share your story or photos about parenting a child with complex medical needs, contact Bridget Madich at Gillette.
Show the World You Love Gillette!
If you want the world to know how much you appreciate Gillette, stop by Health Resources and Education and buy an “I Love Gillette” T-shirt—or pick up one for you, your family members and your friends! They come in a variety of sizes and colors.
Get Involved With the Family Council!
Gillette is recruiting new Family Council members for 2015. You’ll serve for two years and attend once-a-month evening meetings. If you’d like to volunteer your time and provide Gillette with valuable feedback—or if you just want to learn more—contact Camille Feng at 651-312-3169 or email@example.com.