Here are a few important guidelines when it comes to decorating your child’s CranioCap®:
- Only use materials that are labeled “child-safe”
- Always keep the inner foam liner-free from any foreign materials such as paint or ModPodge glue
- Do not sand the outside of the CranioCap as it could deform the shape
- We typically recommend families do not use paint because when the CranioCap gets adjusted, we use a heat gun that can crack or burn the paint and may give off a toxic smell (if you do choose to paint the CranioCap, modifying the CranioCap may cause distortions).
Some ideas that follow the guidelines include:
- Vinyl stickers* or rub-on transfers (Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michaels, Target, Etsy)
- Vinyl decals
- Bows adhered with self-stick Velcro
*We recommend vinyl stickers and decals as they can be easily removed and reapplied during adjustment appointments. If using regular stickers, apply a few coats of ModPodge glue to help protect them from getting burned when adjustments are made.
We have seen some awesome CranioCap artwork come from local and online companies! While we encourage all forms of creativity, we cannot endorse any specific artist who advertises online simply because we cannot guarantee the safety of their work. Just remember: the primary purpose of the CranioCap® orthosis is to help your child achieve a corrected head shape!
Transport Graphics - Rogers, MN 763-428-5035 (www.transport-graphics.com)
FastSigns – Brooklyn Center, MN 763-503-1503 (www.fastsigns.com)
Allegra (Image 360) – St. Paul, MN 651-265-8111 (www.image360.com/stpaulmn)
Bling Your Band – customizable vinyl decals (www.blingyourband.com)
Babbleworthy – customizable vinyl decals (www.itsbabbleworthy.com)
Etsy also has many shops which sell vinyl decals and stickers
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team. If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.