Andrea Paulson, MD
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spasticity Management
My Approach to Care
"I work with children and families to identify and work towards their goals of increased independence, happiness and function. I believe that children and families should receive the best possible care as close to home as possible. My goal is to work with every child and their family to help them achieve the next milestone, while always striving towards greater independence."
Education & Training
Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School
Graduate Degree: University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Masters of Public Health, Public Health Practice
Residency: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
Fellowship: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
Board Certification(s): American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Professional OrganizationsAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Research & Publications
- Evanson N, Paulson A, Kurowski B. “A Review of Pharmacologic and Non-Pharmacologic Interventions for Disorders of Consciousness Following Brain Injury in the Pediatric Population.” 2016. Current Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 4(1): 56-70. PMID: 27280064
- Paulson A, Mielke C. “Shelf Acetabuloplasy For Reconstructive or Salvage Surgical Treatment in Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease.” 2016. Current Orthopedic Practice, 27(4):409-415. Journal not cited in PubMed but respected in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Paulson A. Vargus-Adams J. “Overview of Four Functional Classification Systems Commonly Used in Cerebral Palsy.” 2017. Children, 4(4): 30. PMID: 28441773
- Louden, E.; Marcotte, M.; Mehlman, C.; Lippert, W.; Huang, B.; Paulson, A. Risk Factors for Brachial Plexus Birth Injury. Children 2018, 5, 46. PMID: 29596309
- Paulson A. Zigler C. Houtrow A. Pruitt D. “Botulinum Toxin: Techniques within Pediatric Physiatry. PM&R 2019, Jan;11(1):38-44. PMID: PMID: 29964211
- Paulson A. Neurogenic Scoliosis. PM&R Knowledge Now D-18-00035R1. https://now.aapmr.org/neurogenic-scoliosis/. Peer reviewed publication not sited within Pubmed, respected in PM&R.
- Hugentobler J, Quatman-Yates C, Evanson N, Paulson A, Chicoine C, Backeljauw B, Santia C, Kurowski B. “Active Rehabilitation after childhood and adolescent mild traumatic brain injury: a narrative review and clinical practice implications.” Current Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Reports. March 2019.
Interests & ActivitiesI enjoy playing and coaching ice hockey, roller blading, inline marathons, and playing with my kids.