1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Half of my time involves providing Child Life support to patients at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. The other half of my time is spent as a supervisor of my Child Life colleagues.
2. Do you have a favorite Gillette story or memory? On a daily basis, observing patients and their caregivers persevere amidst challenges is remarkable. Our patients and families have taught me to support children for who they are and to be resilient under stress at the same time. Other favorite memories include putting on events that bring joy to patients’ days—Cops-N-Kids, Firefighters’ Carnival, Trick-or-treating, Child Life Week, and other special events of which we are a part.
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I am an avid hockey fan and have been playing on a women’s team for the past 14 years. In the winter, if I’m not playing myself, I’m usually glued to Gopher and Wild games on TV. Taking early morning walks, spending time with my family, and housecleaning (strange, I know) also are enjoyable in my spare time.
4. Do you have any children or pets? I have an 18-month old son and another child due mid-September. We have a 10-year old black lab named Maggie.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I would love to take road trips across the U.S. with my family. There are many relatives, friends, and historic sites that I would love to visit. Of course, visiting the ocean in the winter is also a dream vacation for me.
6. What is one fun fact about you? I was a member of the inaugural women’s soccer team at the University of Minnesota. Go Gophers!