1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a “Seating & Adaptive Equipment Practitioner at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. My role at Gillette is to evaluate, design, fabricate, fit, adjust and repair adaptive equipment like custom wheelchair seating and other equipment that isn’t available, or needs to be modified for our patients. I’m pretty sure I have the coolest job here- I get help from physicians, nurses, orthotists, therapists, teachers, families and caregivers to create stuff that can have a profound and positive impact on the quality of life for children and adults who can really benefit from our coordinated services. Sometimes projects are simple and fun. Other times they can be very challenging and we have to try different things before we find a set-up that works. I’m so grateful Gillette gives us everything we need to get this great work done!
2. Do you have a favorite Gillette story or memory? My favorite memories are working with the super brave and funny kids and their parents. There is a FOX news story from a few years back that reminds me how much I enjoy my job: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/20590082/gillette-childrens-seating-specialist-brian-reilly
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I play guitar and sing in an acoustic Bluegrass / Newgrass folk rock band. I enjoy gardening a lot, cooking (and eating gourmet food), coaching youth sports and cheering for my favorite teams- The Wild and Syracuse Orange men’s basketball.
4. Do you have any children or pets? I have 4 children: 18, 16, 14 and 12. My dog Freida is super smart and loves to run around our backyard and wrestle. Our cat Claire is a lazy meat-loaf cutie.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I want to go to a hot beach with crystal clear blue water. This winter would be great!
6. What is one fun fact about you? I’ve been to 43 of the 50 states (I followed a touring rock band around the country when I could when I was in college).