1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a speech-language pathologist at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare’s Maple Grove clinic. I have been with Gillette for 10 years this past summer.
2. Do you have a favorite Gillette story or memory? My favorite memory is when I introduced a little girl to a communication device that helped her communicate for the first time. Following the session, her mother had taken her through the drive-thru at McDonald’s and ordered her daughter juice as she always did. But, from the back seat, this little girl used her communication device to say “Sprite” over and over again. She had always wanted Sprite but never had a way to communicate that—and she finally was able to!
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I enjoy spending time with family and friends, being outside, walking, and doing Zumba.
4. Do you have any children or pets? I have a 2-year-old son, a dog, and a cat.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Australia. I’ve always wanted to go “Down Under” and see the Great Barrier Reef.
6. What is one fun fact about you? I am from Iowa, and when I came to Minnesota 11 years ago to complete my internship, I never had any intention of staying here. Now, 11 years later, Minnesota is my home!