1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am an in-house Somali interpreter at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
2. Do you have a favorite Gillette story or memory? One of the best things about my job is that I get to be part of many memorable moments. The one memorable moment that stands out the most is when one of my toddler patients had her tracheostomy tube taken out and I heard her voice for the first time and she was laughing. It left me with a teary eye.
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I spend time with my two children and I love to take long walks around the lake, especially Lake Calhoun.
4. Do you have any children or pets? Yes, I have a boy named Zeynudiin (he also goes by Zeyn) and he is 4-years old. I also have a daughter, Nadifa, and she is 3-years old.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Hawaii.
6. What is one fun fact about you? I like to mix my ice cream with french fries. That’s something I invented while being pregnant and I still do it today, even though I gave birth three years ago.