1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a Pediatric Neurologist at Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, and take care of children with epilepsy, and other conditions of the nervous system.
2. Can you tell us a little about your education/career history? I received an M.D. from the University of Iowa’s Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa, and completed a pediatric residency and a child neurology residency at The Children’s Hospital of Colorado in Denver. My professional interests include anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis, neuroimmunology, leukodystrophies and other metabolic and genetic neurological disorders.
3. Do you have a favorite Gillette story or memory? As a recent hire, one of my favorite memories is my first visit to Gillette and seeing a patient come up to one of his doctors with a big smile on his face for a hug in the hallway. It was just one of the many little things that made me really want to work here.
4. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I am a self-proclaimed foodie and am enjoying exploring all of the great restaurants St. Paul has to offer. In my quiet time, I also love to knit.
5. Do you have any children or pets? I am “honorary” auntie to my godson Theo (6) and his little brother Henry (4). I also have a low maintenance collection of house plants.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I look forward one day to being able to travel to New Zealand, but will settle in the short term for my next planned trip to go whale watching in Nova Scotia.
7. What is one fun fact about you? People commonly come up to me and ask me if I’m from Canada. I don’t think I have an accent, but I did grow up a mere 25 miles from the North Dakota/Canadian border.