1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I'm an RN here at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. I work with rheumatology and orthopedics as well as doing infusion therapy in the outpatient department of St. Paul clinic. I started as a nurse intern on the orthopedics unit in June 1991. I have so many heartwarming stories with the wonderful patients we are able to meet and care for. When I was working as an inpatient nurse, I had one patient for over a week and he was saddened to hear I was going on vacation. His question to me was: “Now who is going to wash my hair?” I still see him at Gillette when he comes for appointments, and I still get a big hug from both him and his mom.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I have a wide variety of hobbies. My family and I enjoy snowmobiling, four-wheeling, boating, and fishing. I love to garden, bake, and cook as well.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have two grown children and my grandson is almost 18 years old and a senior in high school (already!). We no longer have any pets, but when my children were young they each had a horse.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I have a “bucket list” that I’m working on now, but I have done a fair amount of traveling with my family, which is priceless.
5. What is one fun fact about you? A fun fact is that I became a certified scuba diver, along with my husband and children at the same time. We have taken many trips together where we were able to scuba dive as a family!