In celebration of Occupational Therapy Month this April, our weekly recipe submission is Gooey Lemon Bars from Paul. Paul says that his daughter, Olivia, found this recipe online a few years ago. Since then, she has loved making this decadent and addicting treat!
Gooey Lemon Bars
Recipe by Olivia
1 Pkg. Lemon Cake Mix
½ C. Butter at room temperature
1 Egg, slightly beaten
Combine and mix with a fork. Press down in a 9X13” pan with a greased bottom.
2-1/2 C. Powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp. Butter at room temperature
Yellow Food Coloring, optional
8 oz. Cream Cheese at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix powdered sugar and butter.
3. Add enough lemon juice to form the right consistency for thick frosting.
4. Mix in the cream cheese and food coloring, if desired. Set aside 1 Cup of frosting to spread on top later.
5. Add eggs to remaining frosting mixture and beat until fluffy.
6. Spread on top of cake mixture in pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, being careful not to over bake.
7. Let cool completely and then spread reserved frosting on top. Cover and store in the refrigerator.