Thank you for your interest in supporting Gillette Children’s—your desire to help means the world to the patients and families we serve.
We are accepting store-bought donations at Gillette. These can be dropped off in our valet parking area of our St. Paul campus.
- Call Child Life at 651-229-3855 or email ChildLife@gillettechildrens.com to schedule your donation drop-off.
- Include this in-kind donation form with your donation.
To comply with infection prevention protocols and to promote safety, we require that:
- All items must be brand new with tags.
- Toys and games must have non-fabric, washable surfaces.
- Toys must be latex-free. Items made of soft rubber (such as Koosh balls) or other balloon-like rubber material can trigger serious allergic reactions in our patients.
- To help us address our most urgent needs, we are also grateful for financial contributions in any amount.
We are also accepting items shipped directly to the hospital via our Amazon Wish List as well as our Target Wish List.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please include a completed in-kind donation form with your mailed donation.
c/o Child Life |
200 University Ave E
St. Paul, MN 55101
Internal Zip 205020
New, clean stuffed animals can be donated, and our child life team will distribute these to patients
Out of concern for infection prevention and safety, we are unable to accept donations of toys that have been previously used or were part of private collections.
Due to privacy, security, and infection prevention concerns, we aren’t able to bring community members or groups to the hospital units to give gifts directly to patients, host events with patients or play/read with patients.
Gillette Children’s accepts and regularly distributes blankets, from quilts to tie blankets. Please contact Volunteer Services for more information.
We can accept and use knit hats, scarves and mittens of all sizes during the fall/winter seasons. Please use new yarn for these items. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept knit or crochet blankets due to medical equipment getting caught and snagged in them.
Unfortunately, we do not accept cards for patients.
We accept donations of new books. Due to infection prevention, we are unable to accept previously used books.
We are fortunate to have a large collection of original, commissioned artwork from local, professional artists. We do not accept donated artwork for the hospital at this time.
Out of concern for patient safety and infection prevention measures, Gillette Children’s is only able to accept new items with the tags still attached. We are unable to accept the following donations:
- Used/previously played with toys, books, games or stuffed animals
- Private collections of toys, books, games or stuffed animals that have never been played with but have been stored away
- Items that include information that identify past or present patients including but not limited to patient’s first and last name, birth date, photo and story
- Latex toys, games and balloons.
- Toys that resemble weapons (swords, Nurf guns, water guns, violent action figures, etc.)
- Used medical equipment
- Breast milk and unused formula
- Cards or art for patients
- Homemade treats (cookies, cupcakes, bars, etc.)
- Flowers from weddings, funerals, or other outside events
Thank you again for thinking of the needs of Gillette patients—we’re so grateful for your support. Please continue to check back frequently for more ways you can help and for updated information about our most pressing needs.