Improving Your Child’s Care and Experience
Your child deserves the best. It’s why we’re constantly working to enhance our quality improvement and safety practices in keeping with our commitment to never cause harm to our patients. And it’s why we survey families after an inpatient stay or outpatient visit to ask for feedback on how we did.
Days Since Last Pressure Ulcer Event
Days Since Last Central Line Bloodstream Infection
Days Since Last Adverse Drug Event
Our Patient Volumes
If your child needs a surgery or other procedure that requires a hospital stay, you want experienced physicians and nurses who are familiar with your child’s needs. Gillette is an independent 60-bed hospital. We perform a high volume of certain specialized procedures.
For example, in Minnesota, Gillette pediatric orthopedic surgeons perform:
- 71% of pump implants to treat spasticity.
- 66% of surgeries to align hips and legs affected by complex conditions.
- 65% of spinal fusion surgeries to correct scoliosis.
- 54% of all spinal surgeries.
- 50% of all procedures to address cranial/facial bone problems.
*Source: MHA 2016 Custom Report for Inpatients 0-14