What is Virtual Rehab Therapy?
Once a treatment plan has been set, your child may need rehabilitation therapy. This may include physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech therapy. But traveling for therapy may not be ideal for your family. And some families even feel they get a better experience with at-home therapy. That’s why Gillette Children’s offers a virtual option for therapy—with the same trusted team of therapists we offer in person.
Benefits of Virtual Rehab Therapy
Why choose virtual rehab therapy over an entirely in-person experience? Here are some of the reasons we’ve heard from our families:
- It’s more convenient to stay home than travel with a child who has a disability or other therapy needs.
- Reduces the child’s stress levels by staying in the comfort of home.
- Saves time and gas spent on getting to one of our locations.
- Therapy techniques are tailored to your family’s needs, ensuring they work well in your home.
- Therapists are the same ones who offer in-person services.
Who Qualifies for Virtual Rehab Therapy?
Gillette Children’s offers many of our rehabilitation services in a virtual care format. Appointments are available to new or existing patients. Patients are considered on a case-by-case basis, and families should contact us to verify eligibility. Learn if virtual care is a good fit for your rehab needs. Call us at 651-290-8707.