Barbara Joers became President and CEO of Gillette Children’s in October 2013.
- Joers previously served as Vice President at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Chief Operating Officer at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., and Director of Transformation Management and Improvement at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She was also a healthcare consultant with E&Y.
- Joers completed her administrative residency at Howard County General Hospital, part of Johns Hopkins Medicine. She holds a master’s degree in Health Services Management and Policy from The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Among her volunteer and board memberships, she serves as an officer on the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Board of Trustees, a member of the Executive Committee of the Chloe Barnes Advisory Council on Rare Disease (Minnesota), and on the Child Health Patient Safety Organization board.
- Joers is involved with Health Evolution as a Participating Fellow in a work group leveraging data to improve health equity, As well, she is active in collaborations with the International Hospital Federation and other notable organizations.
- In 2021, Joers was named as a Most Admired CEO by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.