Alison Dittmer, MD
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- Orthopedics - Joint Preservation
Make an Appointment
with Alison Dittmer
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. You can use the forward and back keys on the keyboard to navigate.
"I believe that developing relationships with patients and their families to learn not only about their orthopedic problems, but also their lives, is instrumental to the treatment process. As a pediatric hip surgeon, I am honored to be able to engage with and make an impact on the lives of my patients."
- Medical School:
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kentucky Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Orthopedics, University of Colorado/Children’s Colorado Orthopedic Institute; Hip Preservation, Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC
- Board Certification(s):
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Part 1, 2019
Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Pilon Fractures, 2020 Colorado Children’s Orthopedic Institute, University of Colorado Dr. De, MD & Dr. Sanders, MD
- Radiographic Evaluation of Hip Dysplasia with a Posterior Shenton’s Line, 2019 Colorado Children’s Orthopedic Institute, University of Colorado Dr. Selberg, MD
- Pediatric Trigger Thumbs, 2019 Lexington Shriner’s Hospital for Children, University of Kentucky Dr. Riley, MD
- Pediatric Both Bone Forearm Fractures and Splint Immobilization, 2016-18 University of Kentucky Department of Orthopedics Dr. Muchow, MD
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis and Pulmonary Function Testing, 2015-16 Lexington Shriner’s Hospital for Children, 2014-2016 Dr. Muchow, MD, Dr. Talwalkar, MD, Dr. Iwinski, MD
- Geriatric Spine Trauma and Osteoporosis. 2013 Regions Hospital Osa Emohare, MD, Dr. Morgan, MD, Dr. Switzer, MD, & Dr. Polly, MD
- Biologic decomposition of pesticides,2009 Department of Chemistry, Gustavus Adolphus College Dr. Nienow, Ph.D.
- Mayo Innovation Scholars, 2009 Mayo Clinic in association with Gustavus Adolphus College, 2009 Dr. Sanjiv Qazi, Professor of Biology Evaluated Mayo patents concerning new biolog
- Dittmer, A., Grothaus, O. Muchow, R. Riley,S. Pulling the Trigger: Recommendations for surgical care of the pediatric trigger thumb. JPO 2020; epub ahead of print.
- Dittmer, A., Molina, D. Jacobs, C. Walker, J. Muchow, R. Pediatric Forearm Fractures Are Effectively Immobilized with a Sugar-Tong Splint Following Closed Reduction. JPO 2019; 39:e245-e247.
- Emohare, O., Dittmer, A., Morgan, RA., Switzer JA., Polly, DW Jr. Osteoporosis in acute fractures of the cervical spine: the role of opportunistic CT screening. J Neurosurg Spine 2015 Jul;23(1):1-7.
- Ward, C., Dittmer, A.“Subungual Exotosis of the Finger: Case Report and Review of the Literature”. Iowa Orthopaedic Journal. 2013 June; 33: 228-229.
- Emohare, O., Dittmer, A., Morgan, R., Switzer, J. Does Geriatric Status Impact the Presentation and Management of Acute Fractures of the Lumbar Spine? Eur Spine J. 2013 Sep; 22(5 Supplement): P52.
- Emohare, O., Dittmer, A., Morgan, R., Switzer, J. A Comparison of the Effect of Aging on the Presentation and Management of Acute Fractures of the Thoracic Spine. Eur Spine J. 2013 Sep; 22(5 Supplement):P53.
- Emohare, O., Dittmer, A., Morgan, R., Switzer, J. A Comparison of the Effect of Aging on the Presentation and Management of Acute Fractures of the Cervical Spine. Eur Spine J. 2013 Sep; 22 (5 Supplement): QF14.
Hiking, Alpine Skiing, spending time with husband & children
About our Care Team
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.