What Is Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating?
Many children and teens who have disabilities require orthotics, prosthetics and seating services to help manage their conditions. At Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, kids can work with experts who provide special technology for disabilities, including customized equipment designed just for your child.
To meet your child’s needs, our internationally recognized providers work in teams to develop custom treatment plans that might include assistive devices, such as.
- Artificial limbs (prostheses).
- Braces (orthoses).
- Computer-access equipment and electronic aids to daily living.
- Evaluations and mounts for augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices.
- Power wheelchair controls.
- Protective headgear, such as the Gillette CranioCap® orthosis to treat deformational plagiocephaly.
- Wheelchair seating.
Conditions Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating Treats
Whether your child experiences a traumatic injury or has a lifelong condition such as cerebral palsy, knowledgeable Gillette specialists provide the high-quality care and equipment they need to function and feel their best.
Through collaborations with therapists and other specialists, our certified orthotists, prosthetists and seating practitioners support full patient care.
When your family comes to Gillette for orthotics, prosthetics and seating services, you likely will have contact with caring experts in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Cranio facial and plastic surgery.
- Occupational therapy.
- Physical therapy.
- Rehabilitation medicine.
- Speech and language therapy.